Hair

Written By Paula Babon on Friday, August 19, 2011 | 2:49 PM

No, not the musical. Though I do love that, too.

Hair

Okay, that pic is from the movie version. I haven't yet had the chance to see the musical live, but I LOVE the movie. The music from "Hair" is unbelievable.

Back on topic, which is hair. Like, actual hair. Specifically hair color.

I love experimenting with hair color. I've been dying my hair since I was 12 or 13. It started with a disappointing Sun-In experience. I've had a love affair with blonde hair since I was little, and all I wanted was to be blonde.

Alas, my hair was just too dark and the Sun-In turned it a nice shade of orange.

Which, unfortunately, I've managed to experience a few more times in my back-and-forth hair color changing from blonde to brown and back again.

Right now, the light brown dye on my lengths is brassy and muddy and my roots are like 3 inches out.

Yeah, bad. And lazy. I know.

Point is, I'm constantly changing my hair color, and it's done quite a number on my hair. I've been multiple variations of each shade. I really want to just pick a color and stick with it for awhile, although boredom will likely not allow me to do so.

Anyway, my hair is naturally dark, somewhere between a level 3 and 4. Darkest brown, if you will. It's way dark, flat in tone, and looks extremely boring on me. The darkest colors, from black to the darker end of medium brown, aren't my favorites on me, and I always go for them when I get bored and ALWAYS regret it.

My favorite hair colors on myself are shades that fall within the range of the lighter end of medium brown to light blonde. My personal favorites are blonde shades. I always feel prettiest with lighter locks. I love reds, too, no doubt a result of my Little Mermaid obsession.

Obviously, keeping level 3-4 dark hair a light blonde shade is a huge pain in the ass. I would still like to keep it light, but might try for a darker shade of blonde.

Here are some of my favorite hair colors:


Jessica Alba as Sue Storm in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

The blonde that has always captivated me. A very light, yet not platinum, goddess-like blonde.



A creamy, light butterscotch brown. Warm, but not too red.


Similar to the Butterscotch shade above, but more metallic.


Demi Lovato

A medium golden brown with rich caramel highlights. I pretty much love any hair color that looks like a creamy dessert.

Rihanna for VitaCoco Coconut Water

Red hair is AMAZING. I just came across this picture the other day and practically flipped out at the gorgeousness. This shade is beautiful. It's rich, but not too bright. Oh, not to mention I love the style. Long and slightly wavy. So mermaid-y.


Sierra Boggess with the Broadway Ariel wig.

Speaking of mermaid-y, here's another red that I love. The gorgeous version of Ariel's hair from The Little Mermaid on Broadway. In the book "From the Deep Blue Sea to the Great White Way," it's described as "a ginger base with brighter red highlights throughout." It's a great combination and this wig is my dream wig.


Rihanna

Last but not least, this is the color that I'm currently leaning towards. I'm absolutely in LOVE with shade. I call it a medium caramel blonde. It just so happens to be Rihanna again.

What can I say, the girl's got style. Of course, I would totally need (or want, really) her amazing, glowing caramel tan to pull it off (yes, I know I use the term "caramel" a lot. But hey, it works for this topic). Fine by me. Pale is not a good look for me, so I have no problem bathing in a good self-tanner.


Just for fun, I'll share some of my favorite unnatural hair colors.


Like cotton candy.

Light pink and light purple mix. Unicorn-like, no?







I've actually used this stuff multiple times before. It really looks gorgeous. I'm still mad at L'oreal for discontinuing it.


Who else has a love affair with hair color? Which colors do you love, especially on your own hair and which do you tend to go back after experimenting with different shades?
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Disney Digital 3D