Space Sunday

Written By Paula Babon on Sunday, December 11, 2011 | 3:26 PM

I know my layout is still a little off. I wasn't gonna write this post because I can't stand looking at my blog right now, but I don't know how to fix it and it will probably be a couple more days until I get it right, and I just couldn't pass up sharing my favorite space pic and news of the week: The discovery of Kepler-22b, a planet in a habitable zone.

NASA/Ames/JPL-Caltech

NASA/Ames/JPL-Caltech


Kepler-22b is about 2.4 times the radius of Earth, and resides 600 light years away in the constellation Cygnus. It has an orbit of 290 days around a Sun-like star. Read more here on NASA's website.


I am SO excited about this discovery.


And might I also mention that seeing "NASA/Ames/JPL-Caltech" as the image credit for many of the NASA pics I use really makes me wanna go to Caltech and work at JPL.

Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Disney Digital 3D