Home » , , , , , » Good TV continues to die.

Good TV continues to die.

Written By Paula Babon on Friday, May 13, 2011 | 2:42 PM

Posting this with sadness (and anger) as FOX has cancelled one of my favorite shows of all time, Lie to Me.




This comes as a real bummer to me as, just last year, NBC's Mercy was axed after only one season. That show quickly made my list of TV favorites, and I was honestly shocked when they cancelled it.



Same with Lie to Me. This article from The Hollywood Reporter was released a couple of days ago, and I actually opened it, but didn't read the whole thing because I figured none of my favorite shows would be on the axe list. Well, after seeing THR's tweet about the fans reactions to said article, including anger about Lie to Me's cancellation, I opened that page again and there it was, all the way at the bottom of the article.


"Lie to Me, the Tim Roth drama now in its third season, is also dead, according to a source."


Only 3 seasons in, and this amazing show gets the boot.

This just SUCKS. Not to put myself on a pedestal, but I consider myself to be someone who knows good TV (I watch a lot of it, if that solidifies my belief for you). All I can ask is WHY are these good shows getting canned, while shows like Mob Wives, Pawn Stars, and more weight-loss shows than I can count just rise in numbers every season? It's absolute bullshit.

Both of the shows mentioned in this post had fantastic storylines, great dialogue, and amazing actors. If you don't believe me, do some internet searching for the reactions that arose from the cancellation of both of these shows. You'll be able to find the Lie to Me stuff quickly as it's only just happened, but look for the articles about Mercy's cancellation as well. At least on the pages that I found when I researched it months ago, the comments were FILLED with people expressing their sadness and anger over the cancellation of Mercy.

The main reason that the cancellation of these two shows upsets me so much is that neither of them were given a final season to wrap up the storylines. I think, with any show, it's really AWFUL not to give fans the closure they would like concerning the characters of their favorite shows.

I know some of you who will read this will probably think "Wow. You're devastated over the cancellation of a TV show? You need to re-examine your priorities."

I assure you, my priorities are just fine. The fact that some of my favorite TV shows were axed is not something that's going to destroy my life. But, as a lover of entertainment and an aspiring actress, these things do upset me for a bit.

Did you like either of these shows? What goes through YOUR mind when a truly good show gets pulled from primetime TV?
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Disney Digital 3D