Fall TV 2011 - What I'll Be Watching

Written By Paula Babon on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 | 4:17 PM

It's that time again. Time for fall primetime TV. A.k.a. AWESOME time.

Here's what I'll be watching this season:

Current Stuff


I just can't wait for Vampire Diaries to start. I'm in love with this show and it's gorgeous cast. And does anyone take more beautiful promo pics than these three? I think not.



Definitely psyched for the badassery of Nikita to come back.



I'm madly in love with Criminal Minds. Especially Reid. What can I say, I love a guy who's adorable AND intelligent. And I'm thrilled that AJ Cook and Paget Brewster will be returning to the show. It's nice to see a network that actually listened to their fans and did right by them.



The Mentalist. Love the characters and the plot. Not a cop, not a psychic, just a guy who's good at reading people. The cast works so well together.



Chuck has become one of my favorite shows of all time. I'm happy that the show is getting a fifth season, because 5 seasons isn't too shabby considering how quickly networks axe shows today (HUGE thank you to all fellow Chuck fans for fighting for the show!) It'll be good to see the story get wrapped up, but I'll still be sad to see it go.



House. Nothing like a cynical genius.



I still don't know why Covert Affairs is coming back soon when it's a summer show, but I don't care. I'm psyched to not have to wait a whole year for at least one summer show to come back. I mean, if the episodics that premiere in the fall come back in the spring, shouldn't summer shows come back in the winter? A year is too long.


New Stuff


Probably most excited about Pan Am. I love the aviation industry, and I adore the gorgeous vintage stewardess uniforms.



Once Upon a Time. Fairytale show = must watch. Simple as that.



Always loved the Charlie's Angels movies. Never saw the original show, but I'm interested to see how they bring it back to the TV. The cast is definitely beautiful. Already a fan of Rachel Taylor (the blonde) from her role in Transformers.



The Playboy Club looks interesting. A lot of people are crying about this show being aired, but it's just a TV show. Deal with it.



Prime Suspect. Because Maria Bello kicks ass.


The Secret Circle. Show about witches to further indulge my love for the supernatural? No objection here.



Show about dinosaurs = instant win.



Homeland. Always down for a military-based show.




New Girl. Because it looks hilarious.



Two Broke Girls. Because new comedy is always good and because I can relate.



The NEW Two and a Half Men. Yes, I will be checking it out. I know the show was built around Charlie Sheen, but what I DON'T know is why everyone is crying about it when Sheen's the one who screwed himself over.



I actually didn't know anything about Ringer until yesterday. Heard a commercial for it on the radio while I was in the car, and then when I checked the TV guide to see if anything was airing last night, I saw that Ringer was premiering. Since nothing else was scheduled to premiere/air yet, I figured I would give it a shot.

The premiere was pretty good, and I'll keep watching as long as there aren't too many other conflicts and I can keep up.



The one thing I'm heartbroken about is the absence of Lie to Me in the Fall 2011 lineup. That show did NOT deserve to get axed. It was such an original show, and it will remain one of my favorites.



So, I think that's it. Actually, I probably missed a show or two. I'll come back to edit this later if I did.

Looking at the list now, I have NO idea how the hell I'm gonna keep up with all these shows. Guess I'd better clear out my DVR pronto.
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Disney Digital 3D