Favorite Halloween Movies (and Music)

Written By Paula Babon on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 | 1:17 PM

Halloween movies are awesome. Here are some of my favorites, including works by Halloween Master Tim Burton and any other movies with Halloween undertones.

Corpse Bride is amazing. I love everything about this movie.

The Nightmare Before Christmas. I mean, duh.

Beetlejuice. A movie I've loved since I was little.

Interview With a Vampire. A classic, good vampire movie.

Hocus Pocus. Simply adorable.

Ghostbusters. Not many comedies hit the mark like this one.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. So ridiculously amazing. Or amazingly ridiculous. Or both.

The Lost Boys. Another classic vampire movie with a young Kiefer Sutherland. Clearly, he's always been a badass.

The Goonies. A fun, light & dark adventure.

The Craft. A fascinating movie about the dark side of witchcraft.

Casper. One of the sweetest movies ever.



There's also some music from my two favorite bands that is gothic, dark, beautiful Halloween-style magic.

First up is the album Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance. This album has been such a big part of my life since it came out.



Next is a song by Avenged Sevenfold from their self-titled album. The song is "A Little Piece of Heaven." It's basically a story about a young guy who kills his girlfriend, she becomes a zombie, comes back to kill him, and they go on a dead lovers' murderous rampage.

Romantic, right?

Unfortunately, A7X has disabled embedding of the actual video, but they have a trailer for it that is share-able. You can go to their YouTube channel to find the full video.

It's an animated (fave!) music video. The music is very Nightmare Before Christmas, but the story is very Corpse Bride. They must be Tim Burton fans as well. =]






This post is subject to editing if I think of any more Halloween-type movies that I love. =]

What are your faves?
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Disney Digital 3D